Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Day 22- "Monument Valley Sketch"


"Monument Valley Sketch"
8"x6" oil on panel

click here to bid


I did this little sketch yesterday. It's from a photo I took driving through Monument Valley last month . I was overcome with the beauty of the area, but unfortunately did not have time, nor was I prepared for painting.
There's a glare on this photo, I'm OK with the way it is now, but would like to push it a little, or do something to make it more interesting. Anyway, I'll probably use it as the basis for another, and let you see what comes of it in a few days.

Today was plein air class in Sedona, not very productive for me. It was very windy, and I was struggling with my painting. Then a big gust of wind blew over my whole setup, landing my painting and all my paints in the red dust, and breaking my wooden easel--the joys of plein air painting. But....I'm still painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment