Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Day 30-"Hot Chili Pepper"


"Hot Chili Pepper"
10"x8" oil on wrapped canvas
Fruit & Vegetable Series #10
sold

100% of sales proceeds of Fruit & Vegetable Series will be donated to Feed My People Children's Charity, Operator of Northern Arizona Foodbank

Well, I finally finished this chili pepper. Must say I'm glad to let it go. Today marks one month on my blog and my daily painting practice. I've heard it said that it takes 30 days of consistent behavior to make a change a habit. Don't know if that's true for me--but painting everyday is beginning to feel like a normal part of my day. The painting has become the central part of my day and everything else is planned around it--just like a normal job would be. And that's what I've been wanting to happen. I believe that the commitment to blog posting is what has enabled me to stay with it for the month. I know that I am really only making a commitment to myself, but I also feel a commitment to readers out there--real and imaginary. So, thank you for being there whoever you are. The journey goes on--Buen Camino, Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment