Thursday, May 14, 2009

"Ruby Red Grapefruit"


"Ruby Red Grapefruit"
10"x8" oil on wrapped canvas
Fruit & Vegetable Series #11

available

100% of sales proceeds of fruit & vegetable series donated to Feed My People Children's Charity, operator of Northern Arizona Foodbank.

After all the trouble I had with the chili pepper, this painting came together pretty quickly. The first 30 days of painting my small daily paintings has been great for me in establishing a regular painting practice. In addition to the regular painting, I have also learned a huge amount about the technical aspects of blogging and website design. In the process, I've encountered so many wonderful artists and helpful artists sites online.

I see that in the coming month,however, I will have to find some balance between painting and computer time. I really enjoy doing my little paintings, but also need to be working on my larger paintings daily as well. Now that most of the technical computer aspects are worked out, my challenge this month is to two-fold. First, to tap into the momentum of my new painting routine and do even more painting, and second to slowly build my online connections without putting in too much computer time.

No comments:

Post a Comment