Monday, May 11, 2009

Day 27 & 28-"White House at Sundown"



"White House at Sundown"
9"x12" oil on panel

click here to bid

I took Mother's Day off from painting. However, I did put in some volunteer time at the Artist's Coalition Gallery where I have a couple of paintings. I used the down time to work on some design ideas--so I guess that still counts for painting time.

Today I tried to finish up my vegetable painting but still don't have it where I want it. I was getting pretty frustrated with it, so decided to add some touches to this painting that I did last year. It's a little house in my neighborhood and was started as a "plein air" painting, but finished in my studio. I'm having a difficult time getting my camera to produce the actual color very well. But I think you can get the idea. I have almost finished another little landscape of a cabin in Oak Creek. Hopefully I'll have it ready to show soon, as well. I'm finding a really like having a few projects to jump around too, so I don't get too bogged down it something that isn't working they way I want.

Regarding the "Monument Valley Sketch" I posted last week, I thought I would do more on it before posting it to eBay, but I received several nice comments about it, so decided I'd leave it like it is and list it on eBay now--I'm really learning that I'm not a very good judge of what others will like.

No comments:

Post a Comment