Friday, May 15, 2009

"Shaded Window"




"Shaded Window"
9"x12" oil on wrapped canvas

sold

Yesterday I painted in Sedona at my friend Polly's home. Polly is a pastel artist, and her husband is a very talented building artist. Their home is always a source of wonderful things to paint--beautiful architecture and gardens.

I have been struggling in my plein air class with not simplifying enough and not painting quickly enough. So, that was my challenge for the day. I believe I simplified the subject enough, but I certainly didn't manage to paint very quickly. This was the only painting I did in an afternoon of painting--and I still worked on it some when I got home. But, I am pretty happy with how it came out. I'm thinking I could do a whole series, only on Polly's beautiful home.






No comments:

Post a Comment