Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Day 1 "Saucy Green Pepper"

"Saucy Green Pepper"
10"x8" oil on wrapped canvas
Fruit and Vegetable Series #1


100% of sales proceeds of the Fruit & Vegetable Series will be donated to Feed My People Children's Charity operator of the Northern Arizona Foodbank


Sold

This is my first posting on my Daily Painting Journey. Like many journeys, all the preparation for the trip is very exhausting and when I first step on the airplane and settle into my seat, I let out a huge sigh of relief. That's how I feel right now. I've been getting into the daily painting routine the last few days, and that's really very enjoyable. Figuring out all the technical parts- the website, the blog, ebay, paypal, etc. has been a lot more difficult because it's all pretty new to me. So please be patient while I get it all pulled together. I must say I've been fortunate to encounter some very helpful and friendly tech support people along the way. Thanks to all who have helped me get going.
I have decided to start my Daily Painting Journey with a series of paintings of just individual fruits and vegetables. I plan to do about 20 little 10"x8" paintings. using the same limited palette on each one so that they all coordinate nicely with each other. Lately, I've really enjoyed working with the palette knife, and would like to work on developing my technique, so all will be done primarily with the knife. I have been exploring how emotion and energy can be communicated through color and brushstroke, or knifestroke, so I hope I can put that into each of these pieces. It should be lots of fun, I'll be interested to hear what you think.
Buen Camino, Kathy

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete