Monday, April 27, 2009

Day 12,13, 14-Reflecting

I took the weekend off from painting. Yesterday, I got my studio space all organized and this morning approached my painting with renewed energy I painted most of the day, working on two separate small paintings. I finished a fruit painting, photographed it and was ready to post it, then thought it need something else--then I couldn't get it where I wanted to be again. The second painting didn't come toether like it wanted either....the day ended in frustration.

I'm not sure what this lesson is. These little daily paintings are intended to be "quick studies." Ideally, I would like to finish each one in two to three hours. Is it better to just do the best I can in a limited time and then move on....or is it better to continue working at it until I get it just where I want it?
I'm too tired to sort it out tonight....I'll think about it tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment