Thursday, April 16, 2009

Day 3 - "Eggplant on the Run"


"Eggplant on the Run"

10x8 in. oil on wrapped canvas
Fruit & Vegetable Series #3

100% of sales proceeds of Fruit & Vegetable Series will be donated to Feed My People Children's Charity operator of Northern Arizona Foodbank

Sold 4/26/09

I'm not sure how I feel about this little eggplant. But I decided the important thing is to paint something everyday. I'm often surprised to hear what paintings people like, and it's often not what I like very much, so I hope to get some comments.

I heard an interview on NPR yesterday with Nelson George, a writer of fiction and nonfiction. He said that he is a habitual writer, not an instinctual writer, and emphasized that "you just have to sit your butt down somewhere and do it." He said he isn't inspired very often, but when it does hit him, it's because he's been doing his habitual work. I'm hearing that repeated over and over in all that I read about the creative process--and for me that's really the point of the daily painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment