Thursday, April 30, 2009

Day 17-"Vintage Pear"


"Vintage Pear"
10x8 in. oil on wrapped canvas
Fruit & Vegetable Series #7

100% of sales proceeds of Fruit & Vegetable Series will be donated to Feed My People Children's Charity, operator of Northern Arizona Foodbank

sold

Remember that artichoke painting I struggled with last week, that never got to my post? Well this is it. Last week I got so frustrated with it, I scraped off all the paint and was left with a rough textured canvas that wasn't very pretty. But I thought it might make an interesting surface to contrast with the feel of this elegant pear. It came together pretty quickly, and I like the old world feel of the painting. Also, I painted it without the use of any white paint, so the colors are very rich.

No comments:

Post a Comment