Friday, April 24, 2009

Day 10&11- "Tomato on Turquoise"


"Tomato on Turquoise"

10"x8" oil on wrapped canvas
Fruit & Vegetable Series #5

100% of sales proceeds of Fruit & Vegetable Series will be donated to Feed My People Children's Charity operator of Northern Arizona Foodbank

Sold

This little painting came together pretty fast today. This turquoise color is a new one for me. I'm afraid this photo doesn't get the true color of the background. It's actually more of a jade, and more intense. It's a new color for me, although I'm using the same tubes of color, I mixed them in a different combination. At Friday workshop class today Larisa, our teacher, said that as students we should constantly be trying new colors and new subjects--so here's my new color--and it really excites me.
Yesterday, I worked on the second collaborative painting that Carolyn and I have been doing, we each added a little in class today and she took it home to add a little more. So it should be ready soon. I also started on a little landscape for a change from the fruit.
Tonight is the Palette to Palate event at the community college...so I'm off to another art event.
Happy Painting. Buen Camino, Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment