Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Day15-"Guatemalan Mango"


"Guatemalan Mango"
10x8 in. oil on wrapped canvas
Fruit & Vegetable Series #6

100% of sales proceeds of Fruit & vegetable Series will be donated to Feed My People Children's Charity, operator of Northern Arizona Foodbank

Available
Today was a good painting day. I got a good night's sleep, and approached this painting this morning with fresh eyes. I finished it up pretty quickly and finished a little floral as well.
This afternoon was my plein air painting class in Sedona. It was too windy to paint red rock landscape from our chosen spot, so instead we found a nice protected spot at Talaquepaque, a really charming old Mexican style shopping area. It turned out to be a perfect plein air setting-picturesque architecture, music in the background, a nice protected spot out of the sun and wind. The painting is not quite finished, but I'll share it soon. Today, I'm thrilled to be a painter.


No comments:

Post a Comment